Monday, June 18, 2007

A letter from Reiko



This letter sent (to my email) by Reiko Nakatsuchi who stays now in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Lina and I met in 1996 in Japan. She was one of the delegates from Indonesia staying Japan for "the Friendship for the 21st century" program. I joined them as one of the Japanese participants when they were staying in Tokyo. I still remember vividly how wonderful time we spent together. Not only intelligent, but also these Indonesians were such a nice and fun-loving people. Lina was especially affable and we quickly became friends. What I liked about Lina was that she was very warm, yet unconventional. I remember Lina and other girls wanted to color their hair to be brown, so I brought some hair coloring product and we all tried it on together.We were so excited about this, chatting and laughing together a lot. It was one of the greatest memories in my life.

About a half year later, I visited Lina and other friends in Indonesia. Again we spent a great time together. I remember Lina teased me about a guy who drove for us - Lina and I always liked to tease each other about cute guys!
Since then we haven't seen each other but we have kept in touch for almost 10 years. I am sure that we will see each other someday, and we will laugh a lot together without feeling the time we were apart.

No comments: