Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ramadan Karim ...



The word Ramadan is derived from an Arabic word. The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

Insya Allah Ramadhan will b around d corner…Do I ready to “whirl” in this beautiful month which has so many blessed from Allah swt. Will all my ibadahs are accepted by Him? I think back again to my last Ramadan, whether it has been done in a rite way ..well ….to be honest ..it’s far from a good state. My ibadahs were up n down as d rhythm of my living And Ramadan will be coming … Always promise to myself will make most of it …

Some condition in welcoming Month of Ramadan in Indonesia can be seen as a happiness which followed this blessed month. In some provinces of Java, they make “arak2an” to greet this blessed Ramadan. Some groups are doing ziarah kubur but don’t forget d most important thing that we must prepare is our health for this forthcoming blessed ramadan n whoever who hasn’t completed his/her last ramadan has to pay first before they face their new ramadan.

Whenever I heard Ramadan, my heart trembled and I got into a spiritual emotional condition. I was so hypnotized by this beautiful month. The solidarity between His Ummah gathering to their mosques and praying together fascinated me and I noticed also the ppl around much nicer….

Once I was among d group of mixed cultures. How beautiful Islam is. We came from different nations which has colorful cultures n I dono their languages ..but seems we r so close like brothers n sisters in islam. I was waiting for my break fasting while reading my quran n I heard someone greeted me .. Masya Allah, She (a sister from Tunisia) gave me a pack of fresh dates with sweet local tea. I said thank u to her then I opened my box for her to take which I brought from home. We looked like an old friend then, exchanging talks n read quran together.

I can only highlite for myself that these things not only up to ramadan but will continue for d rest of months ….insya allah.

1 comment:

SANJAY said...

Lina,

I used to not belive in all this religious books or containts, but since i read yr blog i am very impressed and made me rethink on my thoughts and feeling regarding religion.

Before i dont know why people do fating and i never belive but now i understand "it mean not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and works"

God bless u and keep writting to make people understand true meanings

keep writting

sanjay